Saturday, April 28, 2012

Why I am so Passionate About Acne and Healthy Skin

As I reflect back on the past years of A Younger You, I recall a question I am asked, frequently "WHY do you care so much about skin revitalization and improvement?"


The joy and passion I feel is demonstrated with each and every client I am blessed to encounter.

I Understand. The reason for my passion? I UNDERSTAND....

If you want to start at the very beginning, I was born and raised in West Virginia, and received my cosmetology license from WVU/Morgantown School of Cosmetology in 1967. I’ve been lucky throughout the years, and my path through multiple states and thousands and thousands of hours of practice has allowed me the opportunity to know about and learn from many leaders in the field of true skin care! I’ve practiced, lectured, and even served as director of state-level beauty pageant committees. But I really didn’t find my calling until after a very personal and traumatic event happened to me about 15 years ago.

Looking for Answers. I was diagnosed with a parroted tumor that was very extensive, implanted on in the right side of my face and neck – I was very lucky that the surgeon I had was one the best around! The amount of damage from surgery was minor relative to what we were expecting. However, I still lost the feeling in the right ear and some hearing. There was also numbness on the side of my face and a feeling of slight tingling, and though I didn’t have drooping or paralysis of the mouth or eye, about 5 years after surgery, I began to notice that the muscles from the eye to the top part of the neck were losing tone and tightness, as well as general loss of color and brightness. Most of the chin area had become flabby and loose. It was depressing.

Hope. I went to a seminar and met Dr. Charles Mc Williams, an internationally known naturopath who, from years of research, developed two new technology advanced devices that will stimulate the cells to regenerate the production of collagen and elastin, this will lift and smooth, without surgery and injections. I was fascinated with the technology, and wanted to give it a try for myself. After the 10 treatment series, I had significant improvement – and now you cannot tell that there was any damage at all. I’m now 61, and not only do I look completely normal, but most people have no clue that I am that age – what a great feeling! Since I had such a great personal experience, I started helping others with the use of this technology.

Visible Solutions: Working with patients and watching the transformation from beginning to end is the most wonderful thing imaginable. Not only do I see the outward appearance change for the better, but I also see how much more confident and self-assured my patients are – and it’s wonderful. And because of the technology, it’s all done without any invasive procedures or injection of foreign substances, no side effects, and no recuperation time. I can honestly say I am having more fun and satisfaction working now than I have ever had in my adult life!

How does it work? I’ll write more about specifics in the future, but it has to do with the stimulation of collagen and elastin cell production, even if such production has been low or nonexistent for many years. By stimulating these cells, on the deep level of production, we can rejuvenate and restore 5 to 10 years in appearance, tighten and brighten the skin!

Now you see why I am so passionate about what I do! I can honestly say that what I do is remarkable – I know, from personal experience, how it affects the individual, on the outside and on the inside. Call me at (919) 418-4865 to schedule an appointment and get your skin looking the way you deserve it to look and feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment